Original topic:

My S22 Ultra location is higly inaccurate when "Bluetooth scanning" option is turned on

(Topic created: 06-02-2024 07:34 AM)
albibi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

As of today my location started being very inaccurate (i saw it being 350km away from my current location at most). I figured out that turning off the setting called "Bluetooth scanning" made my location work as usual (Location>Location services>Bluetooth scanning). Ive had the phone for about 10 months and never had any problem with this. I was in my house when the i noticed the problem so there is nothing special around me that could be interfering with my phone either. I have also restarted my phone and waited atleast 4 hours since it started happening and as soon as i turn on the setting my location starts being very inaccurate.

It is an easy fix since i dont need bluetooth scanning but i dont understand why it happens especially since it is a setting that is enabled by default. 

Does anyone know why this could be happening?

0 Likes
3 Replies
trey420
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, geomagnetic storms, also known as solar radiation. Comes from solar flairs on the sun. When they are pointed in this direction. It's the same thing that causes the northern lights. The sun is currently in what's called the solar maximum. When it has the highest activity. When there is a large solar flair that hits us, other than the northern lights, it wreaks havoc on our satellites. If large enough, like the largest event known in recorded history, back in the mid-19th century, called the Carrington Event. It could wipe out anything with an electrical circuit. It caused telegram wires to catch fire and the relay boxes attached to them. It's something that is little known by society but yet due to happen again and this time will send us back to before electricity. To your specific problem, we were just hit by a medium flair that is badly disrupting global positioning systems. That's why your location is so far off. Once the flair has passed and they reset the satellites, it will be back to normal.
albibi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I got to say this was as far away from what i expected the answer to be. But thank you this makes a lot of sense as i live in the north which i would guess can make me more affected. I must say that this happening is very interesting

0 Likes
kmb1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
It's solar 'flare', not 'flair'. Just an observation.
0 Likes