Original topic:

Phone Almost Unusable

(Topic created: a month ago)
S22Dud
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S22 to the latest One UI Version 6.1 on the 20th of June and ever since then I can't use my phone properly. The issues are gradually getting worse and worse. The issues are:

- Phone being really slow/lagging

- Overheating

- Yellow tint on lock screen

- Randomly turning itself off and then trying to restart over and over again

- On one occasion my phone wouldn't charge with the cable until I restarted

- Battery drainage (which is the main problem). I can literally watch my phone go from 100% to 0 in just a few minutes even though I'm barely doing anything on the phone.

- When charging the phone it seems to shoot back up quickly then go back to normal then quickly etc like the phone isn't displaying the correct number.

- Struggling to connect to 4G/5G

I've wiped cache partition, nothing changed. I've booted in safe mode, nothing changed so it's not an app causing the problem, it's definitely the update.

Reading around this is happening to a lot of people so this needs sorting out ASAP because it's an absolute joke. I can only use my phone right now if I have it on charge which isn't a viable long term solution.

One thing that happened with this update was that my phone died mid way through the update, could that cause all of this? I'm leaning towards no because others are having the same issues but it could be the cause.

How do I get this resolved without having to buy another expensive phone? Which I refuse to do when it's Samsung's fault.

18 Replies
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Wow I'm so sorry to hear that. That's crazy. My tablet got updated to 6.1 and I don't notice a difference. It's a s7 fe newer version. They made 2 different s7 fe's I think.
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
What is your mobile carrier and do you have insurance? If you do you should be able to get it fixed through insurance
0 Likes
S22Dud
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Three and no I don't have insurance unfortunately.

ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Three I've never heard of them. I'm sorry. And I would say contact Samsung about it and see what they could do or wait for the next software update for July and see if that fixes it possibly? I mean Samsung may be able to help you and I'd say always get insurance going forward or maybe try the geek squad at best buy? I don't know the fee but they may be able to fix it. If you live in the USA? I am in the USA but I would at least call Samsung and see what they say about it
0 Likes
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I know I have tmobile and have insurance through them and they take care of anything out of warranty