JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone frozen/very slow after One UI 5 update (S22+ unlocked US)

(Topic created: 11-12-2022 06:19 PM)
impulsecss
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Anyone that updated to oneui5 have issues with the phone not loading the home screen after unlocking the phone? And things like the keyboard taking 10-20seconds for the keyboard to come up? Settings also lags.

EDIT: Rebooting "fixes" it but eventually over hours it will get slow again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Go into recovery mode-power off then hold volume up and power button until screen turns on using volume up and down scroll down to clear system cache press power button to select then scroll down to repair apps
Unlocked S22 Ultra

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Go into recovery mode-power off then hold volume up and power button until screen turns on using volume up and down scroll down to clear system cache press power button to select then scroll down to repair apps
Unlocked S22 Ultra
impulsecss
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Tried this, seems to have gone a full day without slowdowns! Will report back after another day to confirm
0 Likes
impulsecss
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I think this fixed it, thanks!
J2Jbat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Check if your phone is on 8Gb ram plus and not 4 GB ram. I had changed mine to 8GB ram because it came with 4GB after unboking. Hope it helps.
0 Likes
CandiJoy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Having this same issue but everything freezes.
0 Likes
user3m8ZgLC50N
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine stutters when scrolling youtube. When this happens, everything else slows down. Pulling down the status bar slows down. Even unlocking phone takes a while. Rebooting resolved the issue, but I have a feeling it's just a matter of tjme. Feels like a typical slow down of mem leak. I have a pixel 5 on Android 13 and doesn't have this stuttering issue whatsoever.
westernZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My shutter jitter/glitches and black out for mill second
0 Likes
westernZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah in dark mode my keyboard glitches out here and there and scroll on the Internet.I have my stuff in a 120 refresh or adaptive and it's jittery as can be like my note 10 plus is smoother when scrolling slowly
0 Likes
userq7TehWK38k
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
The above fix by Butterbean has resolved my issued after the 5.0 one ui update.
0 Likes