Original topic:

Phone won't update to One UI 6.0

(Topic created: 04-02-2024 03:09 AM)
Blove24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello I need help regrads software update 

I just got an Manufactured refurbished S22 Ultra the other day as I posted the picture of it, I am having problems with software updates, it will not update to the latest One UI 6.0 even though it has Android 13, One UI 5.1 and the security patch level is way in July 1, 2023, and when I go to Software Update and see if it will do anything, it won’t update from that older Android 13 as it says it it up to date, I had a different S22 ultra that I let go back and it was able to upgrade to the Android 14 as it updated to March 1, 2024, do I have to download anything like any Samsung Apps in the Galaxy Store, I updated the apps that was in the Galaxy store to update as it was nearly 16 apps that had to be updated when I got that phone up and running, it works good though from calls to texting to mobile data and camera work well, I even been trying to Google about software update problems as well as that doesn’t seem to be helpful. I hope there is some good helpful tips about it on YouTube, 
Please help me with this software update problem with that S22 ultra. 

Thanks in advance
21 Replies
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Try taking out your sim card and try updating by wifi only. Other than that, flashing your phone with the latest Samsung firmware is a solid choice.

Cheers

3fees
0 Likes
Blove24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I did a factory reset on it last night, I have an eSIM on that device and not an actual physical SIM Card
Blove24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
The factory reset did not help it update the latest software
0 Likes
Blove24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Today I'll be getting a s23 Ultra delivered to me and tomorrow I'll have an all spank new s24 Ultra delivered to me as I'm gonna decide on which one of those I wanna keep
0 Likes
userAREINxkUks
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I am facing the same issue with a refurbished S23 ultra phone in USA
0 Likes
Blove24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
OMG 😲 say what
0 Likes
Blove24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I suppose to be getting a manufactured refurbished S23 Ultra by tomorrow myself. I hope I don't have that same issue with it. I hope it updates to the UI One 6.1
0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
S24 ultra as it is
New.
Cheers
3fees
Blove24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
OK then I shall still with that one as.you say so then. I think that's what I'll do