JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pixel error: Camera cutout

(Topic created: 11-27-2022 05:36 AM)
Options
Galaxy S22
Galaxy S22 Ultra/Unlocked/US/Snapdragon/512GB/One UI 5.0 November patch/BVK1

So, it's been like a month and I've had an issue where the pixels around my camera cutout have something weird going on. I'm not sure how to fix it. It looks like a perfect circle, almost like an extra hole cutout this isn't aligned.  I hope it's software related. Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know the fix? 

Galaxy S22 Ultra: display issue
10 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I haven't seen that 😕
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah, I just sent the device off to Samsung.
0 Likes
Solution
userRfoTVos9do
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I had this issue. It was a defect in the panel. Had to replace it at a certified repair shop. Sorry.
Options
Galaxy S22
I'll be trading this in for the next device when it comes out, after they repair it. 🤷🏾‍:male_sign:
0 Likes
WontHelp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have this issue but the repair center won't take it because there's slight scratch marks on the side from the case. Theu said that voids the warranty even though the web 0age for their warrant does not list things that void warranty just simply things it doesn't cover. But it should cover this. It's a known defect and they're just going to screw me over. I hate samsung
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I didn't have such an issue.. I encourage you to pursue it further
0 Likes
WontHelp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
How? I'm not sure what else to do I talked to both my insurance and Samsung and both refuse to help. Samsung told me to lie and say it's physically damaged so the insurance will cover
0 Likes
userEKwA39Ml8J
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
That's funny I'm having the exact problem and my oblong dead pixel looks exactly the same as the picture. Same shape and orientation.
0 Likes
yusufdincer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have same issue. It so so frustrating to see that such an expensive phone has this kind of problem. Phone is still under warranty but problem is thad I purchased my phone from Dubai. But now I moved to Istanbul Turkiye and Samsung does not provide me international warranty. They say I have to live with this annoying black hole on my screen!

0 Likes