Original topic:

Refresh Rate dropping to 60 after a few seconds

(Topic created: Monday)
ThatGuyAR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an s22+ on the latest one ui 6.1.1 and for some reason a few days ago when I'm in an app for example settings the refresh rate is at 120 for a few seconds, then drops to 60 and I notice it Everytime. Then when I go to close the app, their is noticable lag and I'm disappointed. My phone was working all great running 120hz all the time and now all of a sudden it's acting up and it's making it seem slow. I can't figure out why, hopefully someone can help! 
11 Replies
Matrio
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

It sounds like your Galaxy S22+ might be having an issue with its adaptive refresh rate. Try restarting your phone first, as that can often fix performance problems. You should also check your display settings under Motion Smoothness and ensure it's set to Adaptive for the 120Hz refresh rate. If the issue continues, make sure your software is up to date, or try clearing the cache.

0 Likes
ThatGuyAR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I alrdy tried restarting, my refresh rate is set to adaptive, maybe I'll try clearing cache
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
I suggest Power Off phone once off press and hold Volume Up and Power Button at the same time until the screen comes on this will bring up Recovery Mode scroll down (using volume buttons) to Clear Cache Partition press Power Button to select scroll down to Yes and press Power Button to select then the Main Menu will come back up select the first option Restart this will help clean up residual junk and help phone run better as far as Refresh Rate the only time it will run 120hz is when you are actively touching the screen when not interacting with the screen the Refresh Rate will drop drop down to between 24-60hz
0 Likes
ThatGuyAR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I did the cache partition, when it drops to 60 I'm still interacting with the screen
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Just my thoughts but the refresh rate should be set in settings not a app or game it could be the game works at lower 60 rate
ThatGuyAR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Scrolling in settings? It goes from 120 and a few secs to 60
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Try running the diagnostic test
0 Likes