JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 4/1/2023 Security Patch not available

(Topic created: 11-03-2023 02:24 PM)
sweatysqurrel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
My employer (Microsoft) has cut me off from using company resources on my mobile device, as the latest security patch update hasn't been installed. My phone is still on March 2022 version. I'm also still on Android 12. Is there any way to expedite this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We know how important updates are for your phone. This article will explain the steps for keeping your software updated, including using Smart Switch to update the phone: https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/mobile-devices/how-to-update-latest-software-for-your-galaxy-mobi...

Once available, updates are released to Carriers, and thereafter, it is at the Carriers' discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
It is highly likely that your former employer is using an Enterprise Mobile Management Platform. Since it sounds like your device is remotely managed by Microsoft's IT Department.

It's unlikely that you will be able to overide it. You will have to contact Microsoft's IT Department so they can remove it.

Performing a Hard Reset or Factory Restore will not remove it from your device.

Enterprise Device Management is usually locked down pretty tight . It's unlikely that other means to bypass will be successful.

Sorry but it is what it is! It sounds likely that you are locked out from performing any updates to the device.

This is standard Enterprise IT procedures and protocols. I know I've worked in this particular area for many year's now. You have a Kryptonite shackled device. Follow my suggestion and contact Microsoft.
Options
Galaxy S22
100% you are correct, that's why I asked first off if this was a personal device or a company device. I didn't see your reply otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered, we must have been replying at the same time or something
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
That's one of the most confusing things I've ever heard. Is your phone a company phone issued from Microsoft? Or is this your personal device? If it's your personal device, unless you manually turned off receiving updates, it's not really possible to have not been receiving monthly security updates all the way back from April. The S22 has been updated regularly since it's only last year's phone. You should be on I believe September maybe even October's security patch by now. Have you gone into your settings and manually checked for an update?
Settings, privacy and security, security updates- and hit check for update. Unless you've been denying them or blocking them, you will absolutely 100% have a security update waiting for you as well as Google Play system updates that are found in the same exact section of settings that I gave you right underneath security updates. I highly recommend you update regularly. You should not be on a security patch all the way back from April, I'm surprised Microsoft didn't cut you off earlier.
If, for some reason you're not being shown the option to update your security patch, get in contact with Samsung support ASAP because there's something definitely wrong. Make sure you didn't turn off auto system update in developer options or anything, if you haven't done that, then contact Samsung because your phone is super vulnerable.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Usually the Enterprise Updates are distributed OTA in a timely manner across the organization. This is usually related to Regulatory Compliance that many Corporations have to follow by law I might add.

Especially, if they have any United States Government Contracts. Which Microsoft does. So like you stated. He should have a later update than the one he posted.

The Government is really difficult to deal with if they find that any Government Regulated Enterprise is not following the laws to a T!
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We know how important updates are for your phone. This article will explain the steps for keeping your software updated, including using Smart Switch to update the phone: https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/mobile-devices/how-to-update-latest-software-for-your-galaxy-mobi...

Once available, updates are released to Carriers, and thereafter, it is at the Carriers' discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

0 Likes