JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra - False moisture/debris alert issues?

(Topic created: 03-01-2022 06:42 AM)
esmith13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello,

Looking for help with the moisture/debris notification on the S22 Ultra. I have had the phone less than a week, moving from a S10+. As part of that move I also carried over from my S10+ a magnetic USB-C charge adapter which is QC4.0 rated (9v 2a/5v 3a) that I only use in the car for convenience with android auto (could care less if it charges the phone or not). I always charge my phone via an Anker wireless charger.

The magnetic adapter was never removed from S10+ since the day it was new until I moved it to the S22 Ultra. about 2 days later I got my first debris/moisture warning in the middle of a work day while my phone had been untouched sitting on my work desk for over an hour prior to the message. My office is environmentally controlled at 72 degrees with 30% humidity. Considering the situation, I assumed maybe the magnetic adapter itself was dirty/old. No matter - I have a couple brand new heads for it. I popped one of those in and all was well. Three days later - I get another warning while my phone is sitting on the table in my living room - having been untouched for a while. My home is also environmentally controlled at 70 degrees with low humidity.

Just to be clear - the cable was not connected to the magnetic tip during these messages (it's only used when driving). The exposed end of the magnetic tip has no debris in/on it (it's flush and smooth so highly unlikely anyway).

Is the magnet causing an issue? Are these kinds of adapters "not allowed" for some reason now?

Also for reference, this isn't a cheap, no-name product either. The cable & magnetic adapter I use is by ChargeASAP and the variety is the UNO which is QC4.0 rated. They also make a 100W version with PD support, but like I said I use it exclusively for Android Auto in my car (with the tip living onside my phone 24/7).

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Reticman01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Had the same issue with my s21U. I would blow hairdryer in charging port for a few seconds. It worked most of the time.
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Don't keep your phone in your shorts or pants 🤭
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for the responses. There is certainly no moisture in the port, yet the warning seems to happen randomly. Searching the web does show some workarounds but they are temporary. There needs to be a way to allow the user to disable this feature. It is simply too sensitive or glitchy for whatever reason.
Members_Nzjv36U
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same issue.  I hope Samsung address it soon.  It seems pretty common.  Never had the issue with my s21.

0 Likes
userv1wOTJFOu5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a s22 ultra 256 and getting the same issue and its barely a week old..i am unable to charge the phone using a usb cable at all..now that ive wireless booted the device i dont get the charging error for now but it doesnt charge either ..this is absolutely ridculous

0 Likes
userQ1TCfzlJTS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Since my recent update to the baseband version g998bxxu5cvdd, i keep getting that water is detected in my port and I am unable to charge my phone. My phone never got wet for this error to occur and right before the update was completed even while the update was being done my phone was plugged into the charger working perfectly. 

Help!!

Device - S21 Ultra (SM- G998B)

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
0 Likes
usermU1N50eLTj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

i have the base s22 and i just got the moist/debri reading, tried letting it dry and it still wont let me charge my phone, now its dead along with the moist/debri reading

userC7UvScgSYF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Had no issues previously with this before a recent update and then suddenly every time I would plug the phone into the charger it would beep and state that there was moisture or an object in the charging port which there was neither and made sure to see thatvit was dry and there was nothing there. I then went through the steps to get into the USB controller for the phone and force stopped it and cleared its cache before restarting the phone. I still get this issue but now am getting another where the phone keeps slowing the charging and stating that I need tonuse the original charging cable and block. We'll the S22 didn't come with either so , I use the previous ones I've gotten from Samsung. 

How do I solve these issues? I'm beyond irritated and am ready to smash this phone.

KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Are you able to try charging it wirelessly?

0 Likes