Original topic:

S22 Ultra - Motion Photo Stop Working - One UI version 6.0

(Topic created: 02-26-2024 05:09 AM)
Sienna001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

The motion photo function of my S22 Ultra stopped working a while back. After several rounds of system updates, it is still not working (My most recent update was on 2/26/2024).

There are no error messages. When I turn on the motion photo button, I can see both camera access and microphone access signals lighting up on the top of the screen. But after taking the photo and viewing it in the gallery, the image just shows up like a regular photo without motion.

I cleared the cache of the gallery, force-stopped the camera and the gallery, and restarted the phone. Nothing works so far.

I noticed that many users have been experiencing a similar issue since November 2023. I am not sure why Samsung has not taken action to fix this yet. Please help! šŸ˜­

2 Replies
haqisdarmawan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same issue, samsung please help!

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks for bringing this concern to our attention. It looks like you've already tried a few troubleshooting steps. To cover all bases, I recommend putting your phone in Safe Mode and testing whether the Camera app functions correctly. To do this, follow the steps in the link here. In Safe mode, go to your Gallery and check if the "View Motion Photo" tab appears. 
Who is your carrier? I have seen details with Verizon's customer reporting a similar issue. I also recommend submitting an Error Report. Go to the Samsung Members app->Get Help->Feedback->Error Reports. If you have additional questions. Please follow up with us here or send a private message to one of the moderators directly. Thank you!