Original topic:

S22 Ultra US version in the EU has big problems with wifi

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Teeles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Just bought a s22 ultra from the us, model: sm-s908u1 , from the moment i got it, it has very big problems with my wifi. I live in Poland, and have a fiber connection internet plugged into my router, so i always have good wifi. I have a tplink router, and about 100mb/s wifi speeds, which i can see on my s20 ultra. On the s22 ultra the wifi speed is max 5bm/s. Why? I have tried resetting wifi settings, changing proxy and changing MAC adress.

14 Replies
Dualcat31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Probably because you're using a US device in Poland..
Teeles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

And the wifi standard varies between countries?

Dualcat31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
A lot of things vary. Regulations, phone standards and capabilities, etc etc etc. Same thing happens when you take American devices to Japan. Or vice versa. For example, Japanese phones have a mandatory noise for taking pictures due to high SH rates. And it doesn't change the phone when you move to a new country. Xbox has "Japan only" Xboxes for the same reason.
Teeles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Couldnt I flash eu firmware on it?

0 Likes
Dualcat31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
You could, but you could also brick it if you do it wrong. Or corrupt the firmware. A lot could go wrong since it's not as easy to access as a PCs firmware.
Teeles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

From what I've read i should: Change csc to Europe or Polish, and then try to flash it with sm-s908b firmware. Do you think it could work? Is the csc change required? 

0 Likes
Dualcat31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Well, CSC is probably the root cause of the problem, so I'd say it needs to be changed.
0 Likes
Dualcat31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
But be aware that changing a CSC code has a very high chance of bricking your device.
0 Likes
Teeles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Even if its a sm-s908u1 ? From what I've read  1 means its "carrier" unlocked. (I dont have even a slightest idea what that means)

0 Likes