Original topic:

Samsung Devices (S22Ultra, S22, S10+, S10) not receiving read receipts

(Topic created: 03-07-2024 07:27 AM)
userBtFTfWez1o
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

ATT insists the issue is not theirs but Samsungs.  Since Feb 3rd, none of us have been receiving read receipts nor messaging indicators using the default apps. I have cleared cache on all 4 devices for the messaging app. I have not been able to get this fixed. 

Is anyone else seeing this problem (again) on any of these devices?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Your service provider is partially correct. It isn't a Samsung thing. It's a Google thing. Moving forward, all Android phones Google Messages will be the default messaging app. Samsung is slowly moving away from their app to Google. This Google is trying to have a single platform all around the world . Ultimately, it is up to them what is allowed on THEIR PLATFORM.

In order to have read receipts, you now have to use Google Messages.
You also need to enable chat features in the app by tapping on your profile, chat features, and turning it on.

I have been using GOOGLE messages with RCS on my Samsung devices since its inception. I am still in the beta program, I get to try all the new features before the general public.

Is it perfect, no. It is definitely better and more feature rich than Samsung messages.
0 Likes
userBtFTfWez1o
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I switched to the Google Messages app as you mentioned and started seeing the RCS features will all three of my family members. Good to know. The one feature I use in Samsung Messages I do not see in Google Messages is grouping texts together into tabs. 

Do you know how to submit a feature request (or maybe it is in the beta already)?

0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
That feature has been removed in Google Messages.
Yo can leave a review in the Playstore, and ask for this feature to be brought back.
0 Likes
steph4023
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I can't get read receipts either. Sucks
0 Likes
userBtFTfWez1o
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Switching to Google Messages restored this functionality for me. Granted, the app barely qualifies as a messaging app in my opinion, but it seems to be the only way. Samsung confirmed they are not restoring RCS for messaging on this device when I contacted them.

0 Likes