Original topic:

Samsung Visual Voicemail app no longer works

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
EMD1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

My S22 5G Ultra is locked to ATT, and I do have Visual Voicemail as part of my ATT account. The Samsung Visual Voicemail app stopped working on my phone after I tried to install the ATT Visual Voicemail app (in order to get transcription). After hours on the phone with ATT support, I know now that the ATT Visual Voicemail app cannot be installed on my phone. In the meantime, the Samsung app is not working. It simply takes me to setup, then tells me it has not received information it needs to set up the account (this after calling voicemail, etc., during setup). I read online that Samsung no longer supports its Visual Voicemail app, and I am unable to find the app in either the Samsung Store or Google Play.

Any help out there? I have no working visual voicemail app, and am forced to dial my voicemail and enter password to get messages.

Thanks.

6 Replies
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I used to get transcriptions in the app from my carrier (Xfinity) but the app stopped working. I never used the Samsung app due to its lack of transcription. I eventually gave up and switched to a third-party app that gives me more customization of outgoing messages and working transcriptions. I'm using Youmail now but I know there are other apps that will also work without the hassle.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Another thought: did you clear the data and cache of the Verizon app before you uninstalled it?

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
0 Likes
EMD1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I was super excited to have a new tip, but alas, it did not work. I reinstalled the ATT app, tried again to set it up (no luck), then cleared the data and cache on the ATT app, deleted the ATT app, hard rebooted the phone, and then tried to start the Samsung app. Same result, "An account verification hasn't been received yet." 

Thanks anyway! All suggestions welcome.

Etta

0 Likes
EMD1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

No idea why, but today both the Samsung and the ATT Visual Voicemail apps are working on my phone. Didn't change anything, so I suppose someone sneaked in an update for my phone. Thank you very much for your help.

0 Likes
abbot
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Vomo puefo canbiar mi pin de coreo de voz
0 Likes
abbot
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I need to change my pin for voice mail and I dont,t know how