Original topic:

S22 Ultra can't connect to network

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
D36
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Yet another customer with an S22 ultra that is having issues. Connecting to mobile network an constantly having SOS "emergency calls only." I've spent numerous hours through chat with my xfinity mobile network provider. After speaking/chatting with them, an also reading on this community I'm 10,000% it is on SAMSUNG. There are an ungodly amount of other paying/payed customers that purchased this really expensive paperweight. To where I've spoke with Samsung technicians an they advised me to take it to a "samsung authorized repair shop." To just confirm it wasn't my personal error/negligence, to which it was not. The device has been in an expensive case since I left the store with it. Where do I go from this point on? Very frustrating, especially since my S22 galaxy was one of my main sources of my personal income.. Let alone if I were stranded somewhere an needed help from a family member or something to that nature. I/we need a resolution, not an upgrade, hence the reason we bought this expensive paperweight in the first place. We purchased it in hopes of having the phone for longer than this!

15 Replies
Flipdaddy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same issue. It has something to do with the One UI 6.0 even 6.1 still hasn't solved it. I get a signal for a minute ir two and then gone again. In a 24 hr period, I have service for 5 minutes total.

D36
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yep, I totally get it man. I've reached out to the moderators on here, which don't respond or ignore me in hopes I'll quit reaching out for a solution. Pretty ridiculous.
0 Likes
D36
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
So far I've been offered numerous upgrades for $$, but no fix as of yet.
GEMSTONE84
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Same boat. I have t-mobile post pay with unlimited everything same as my family. We live in the same house have similar phone usage habits and very different experiences when trying to use our devices. (husband has newer LG smart phone and daughter has an iphone a few years old now) Neither of them have any issues with their devices  I am the only one that constantly has connectivity issues. I worked for another cell phone company for nearly 10 years in both customer service and tech support so while I'm no expert, I have a pretty food foundation of knowledge on what does and doesn't contribute to 90% of the issues most people experience on a consistent basis. Nothing I have done has helped resolve the issue. I have booted in safe mode and no change to service . I have factory reset my phone a few times now. I have optimized device. I have selected the maximum amount of ram available, limiting my available storage. I have deleted all non essential apps. I utilize onedrive, google drive and photos for back up and regularly back up my device and delete anything not essential from the phone to keep as much storage free as possible ( typically at a minimum around 20gb even though this should not be necessary) i have tried all manor of network setting configurations and had wifi connection saved and available as well as having no wifi on the device at all. I have even activated a new sim card in hopes that would help.  All to no avail. I've tried different power save levels and none. I've unrestricted just about everything you can think of so nothing should be throttled or disabled. Nothing works. The only way I can use my phone a lot of the time is by toggling airplane mode which will typically result in service being available on the device for a short period of time. It varies on how long before it stops working again.  I have been a samsung customer for ever now starting back in the day with a clam shell, note 3, note 4, note 8, note 10, s10, s20, and now s22 ultra. The s22 ultra has by far been the worst phone I have ever owned rivaled only by the note 10 which functioned fine with the exception of the screen which would crack if you looked at the phone wrong. 

D36
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah it's absolutely ridiculous to think about how they're not even remotely trying to solve the issue. At first I thought it was xfinity which is my carrier, an clearly isn't. Also thought I was just apart of a few ppl experiencing this issue. But after actually researching the make/model of the phone, it's beyond belief on how many others!
Literally has/is the device, I to have a family in the same household with similar devices an theirs work perfectly fine. Idk what to even think, I've literally had 9 (physical) Sim cards an 13 eSims, again, that's when I originally thought it was my network carrier.. in a few other post they were talking about a small claims suit towards samsung for this, but idk if anything ever came about it. Paying over a thousand dollars for a phone is beyond crazy, but Paying $1000.00 for a phone an it becoming a paperweight/brick is even worse!.
MrMage750
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
pretty much the IPad mini 1 of samsung at this point šŸ¤¦ā€:male_sign:
0 Likes
DumboLover
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
S22 is a hoot! Also a life changer. LG having to take a hike has been a blessing.
DON'T BE SO GULLIBLE!!!!
This phone and company has been the worst experience ever!!! First time samsung user and last! I'm not going to list everything I loathe about it. I don't have the time and this will only fall on deaf ears.
0 Likes
CliffCh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I've been with Samsung since the S8 and I've never had so many problems like I have with this s22 ultra 5g. Got the phone June 2023 by January 2024 till now every month at the beginning or end of the month. I get this your phone not registered in the network basically this sos mode. So in a week from that message it works not perfect but at least like a phone. This month may 2024 first week of May it did this now here at the end of May doing it again. Samsung doesn't take responsibility just says buy a new phone, att don't take responsibility and says the samething. At this point I have my sim in my S8 a 2016 phone it works. Clearly Samsung messed this phone up and the way they act and all these other users with the same issues I'm done with this company. Never wanted an apple but the fact a new phone craps out in a year or so doesn't work and is a common issue and they don't do nothing to help us. It's ridiculous thankfully I'm about to switch not go through this again and now apple will get a new loyal customer. Samsung you failed us.
skygazer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
No mobile network for months.. Im fed up with both samsung and verizon. All they do is blame each other.. do we need to start class action against both?.. y should I be paying for something that doesn't work?. I used to only buy samsung. But after way I've been thrown under the bus... not really happy.. . Im not sure I'll ever buy a samsung anything.... its time they step up , take ownership... s22 is the new note 7