Original topic:

Samsung notes

(Topic created: 09-17-2024 10:52 AM)
boda808
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
What happened to the "Notes" in the Samsung folder? I had tons of information in there that I refer to often. Really not great that it is no longer inside that folder
10 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you referring to the "Notes" app? Go to apps in settings and make sure it is still installed. If it is still installed and missing from the Samsung folder, just search for it in your app drawer and move it back to the folder. If it is no longer installed, you will have to download it and reinstall it. If it got uninstalled, I'm afraid your notes went with it unless you backed them up somewhere or had them synced with Samsung cloud. If they are synced to Samsung cloud, they should come back when you log into your account. You could also try restoring your backup.
boda808
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Quick notes which was a samsung app. The commercial version "Notes" but it was a samsung application
0 Likes
boda808
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the backup files, but the commercial product and the samsung product are not compatible. I didn't backup often, but I do have a couple of backups to work from. I cannot open them however as there is no application to read them
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Never beard of quick notes and it's not on my phone. Perhaps the update removed it. Is it still installed?

0 Likes
boda808
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
No, and I used it all the time. So much info is just gone
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Well, either try restoring your backup or using notes and see it the notes come into that app.
0 Likes
boda808
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah, neither of these. Samsung is not compatible with the commercial product and the backup has no app to restore into
0 Likes
boda808
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The one labeled differently is the one I just added in hopes. The second screen is the backup file of the app that was in this same folder but the update apparently removed1726598102609.jpg1726598102610.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

I don't know what you mean by the commercial product. Notes is the official Samsung app and is included on all Samsung phones. You may have been using quick notes because it was an earlier version and now Samsung has decided it was redundant with the update. As I understand it Notes syncs with the cloud and keeps the data even if the app is deleted and it also syncs with onenote. So you have multiple backups of stuff that you need. In my opinion, if there's stuff that's so important to you that you must have it and it would be a catastrophe if something happened to it, you have multiple backups. That's been my philosophy since computers came into existence. I personally use Color Note because it syncs with Google.

0 Likes