Original topic:

Secure Folder

(Topic created: 12-08-2023 01:47 PM)
VolNTina
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Recently, my S22 Ultra added eccential apps to my secure locked folder. I don't know how to remove them . I've read you can lose pics and things in it. It has My Files, Pics, camera, Contacts, My notes,.. all the Samsung basic things you need and use and don't want to lose. 
I have no idea how they got there and if I did some setting that I'm unaware of. This is the craziest phone I've ever had. 
3 Replies
DickWheawill
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Rather than a folder , secure folder is more a virtual machine running on your device. As such, it has its own applications, independent and of and seperate from the applications you use on your phone. The apps don't have access to objects (files, pictures etc) that you created or create on your phone, only objects you create on or move to , your secure folder. The apps you are seeing are mostly system or Samsung required apps and can't be deleted. They are created when you first created the secure folder. Apps you added afterwards, can for the most part, uninstalled. You can move pictures back and forth between the folder and the phone or create a seperate copy in each. If you choose to totally uninstall the secure folder you are given an opportunity to move your objects to the phone although I've never tested that.

You can lose objects if you delete them in the secure folder and don't have a copy on your phone.
0 Likes
VolNTina
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
How did it get a copy of all my contacts and some of my files? I didn't make anything separate. I have used the restore data feature to try to find pictures and other things lost . Could that have done anything? I'm so confused by this phone.
0 Likes
DickWheawill
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
You have the ability within the contact app in secure folder to import , export and sync the contact file.
You may have possibly done that. It's not something that is done without user intervention. What you see in contacts on the secure folder is not the actual contact file on your phone. You can safely delete the contacts in the secure folder if you choose. But a current back up is always a wise idea.
0 Likes