Original topic:

Sound problems after update

(Topic created: 07-14-2024 11:37 PM)
DBuddy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
My S22 automatically updated 17 May and immediately started having sound problems. Sounds like crackling, not clear. Can turn off/back on and it seems to work fine for a sort time but then crackling returns. Wife's S22 has done the exact same thing since updating on 20 May so pretty sure it's not a "speaker problem". Any fixes?
3 Replies
Members_Jzfvd8J
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

My Galaxy 22 Plus started the audio crackling last night 3 days after forced update.  Cannot hear callers with volume all the way up. Lost home screen swipe functions.  Thanks Samsung you have now forced me to look at other phones after last 4 Samsung phones.

mailboxlady1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an S22 that had the speaker distortion. Someone suggested removing the glass that is protecting the camera lenses. I removed it and have had absolutely no crackling or distortion since. Something about a vent in the lens area that should not be covered up.
0 Likes
Samsung_Sucks
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have problems with every form of audio output I hook up to. Every. Single. ONE! I'm an audiofile and I'll never buy a Samsung again if they don't fix this lickety split. Atrocious. This is EXACTLY why I refuse the updates as long as I possibly can. Planned obsolescence should be considered theft. Especially with 1300 dollar phones. Outrageous. I hate that Samsung stole the market and decided to follow iPhone's model. From sealing the batteries and storage in to enacting babysitting features like screen dimming I can't control when the phone gets a degree above room temp. Android is supposed to be about having more control and customizability over our phones. Samsung has totally soiled the bed on that in the last decade. Brutal. And it sucks bc I love the phones other than all that. But messing with my audio experience is the last straw and more. Get it together Samsung.
0 Likes