Original topic:

Turn Off OS Auto Updates

(Topic created: 08-26-2024 04:28 PM)
JW2425
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Is there a way to keep my Samsung Galaxy S22+ doesn't download the new version of the Operating System for as long as possible? I am a Type 1 diabetic and use an insulin pump. Through the app for the pump I can give myself insulin. They can't update the app quickly enough so every time the new version of the OS comes out, I end up not being able to use the app correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
0 Likes
14 Replies
diamondminer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
In settings, try Security and Privacy>More Security settings,>Stop Galaxy Update
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Wrong update
0 Likes
JW2425
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The security updates don't cause an issue. Thanks though.
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
They pit the galaxy store for update not security
0 Likes
JW2425
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
My apologies. That won't work either. It is the UI or Operating system update that needs to be turned off for all app features to continue working properly until they can update the app.
0 Likes
blb8080
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
It was not a security update. Thx though.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Settings/software updates. Turn the auto update slider off.
0 Likes
blb8080
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Did that and the update anyway, now I lost my connection until my med device. I have to wait a long time for that version to ne updated on the device so I wasted my money on this phone. Never again. Will change to apple next.
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
So I understand to help better are you asking about the app update or the ui update you said it wasn't security update
0 Likes