Original topic:

UHQ UPSCALER IN AUDIO SETTINGS GREYED OUT

(Topic created: a month ago)
Options
Galaxy S22
I read that the only way you can actually enable the UHQ Upscaler feature in the media audio settings menu if you have wired earphones connected to your Samsung Galaxy phone. But, none of the new Android or Apple iPhone models even have wired earphone jacks in them anymore, so if you want to use earphones in your new Android or iPhone you have to buy yourself a set of Bluetooth earphones or earbuds. 
So, why doesn't Samsung redesign the media audio software so you can use the UQH Upscaler with wireless Bluetooth earphones and earbuds?
8 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Lots of reasons, mostly to boost sales of Galaxy buds but also since the buds already use Samsung's proprietary SBC protocol and play at a higher bitrate & sample rate that UHQ upscaling could cause unwanted latency issues. Nothing worse than high latency when listening to high quality music on high quality earbuds. There are paid apps that can upscale, but I warn that they aren't worth it if using Galaxy buds. My buds 2 Pro on the dynamic equalizer with ANC on are pretty crispy with some lossless streaming. BTW, Google still makes USBC wired earbuds, no dongle needed and that would solve your issue if you insist on UHQ upscaling.
Options
Galaxy S22
I use these VOLT+ Bluetooth earbuds from Amazon. I simply can't afford Galaxy Buds or Bose on my tight budget. The Volt+ earbuds cost much less than Galaxy Buds, but have really great sound, especially if I use the Samsung Sound Assistant from the Samsung Good Lock apps in the Galaxy Store, which features an expanded volume panel with a higher media volume range than the normal Samsung media volume panel. The normal media volume is 100%, while Sound Assistant has a media volume which goes up to 150%.
NullCrusader
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I feel your pain. The Samsung usb-c headphones I have worked great with UHQ. But ever since the UI 6.0 update on my A53, it stays grayed out now. It doesn't make sense, other than what the other poster said. They want to sell more buds.
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't know of any of the new Android or Apple phones that even have wired earphone jacks anymore. They're all Bluetooth now.

It's just like gateway modems now. If you want one from your internet carrier you'd have to request the latest compatible model with ethernet ports, or buy one from Best Buy or an online electronics store which is compatible with your internet carrier. Most internet carriers are pushing those wireless gateway modems now (Wi-Fi boxes), especially if you get one from a wireless phone carrier like T-Mobile, AT&T, and, Verizon. Wi-Fi boxes are all they have, which have a sim card and use 4G or 5G cellular data.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
They make type c headphones that plug into your charging port. You can use those It's still stinks because you have to buy new headphones,but they do make them
0 Likes
needhelppleas
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Why does bluetooth and or wifi cut on when you have them turned off???
Also when on a phone conversation the phone turns on mute or turns speaker phone on!! Please someone answer this
0 Likes
needhelppleas
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Help
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Just utilized the new Google AI to search for a possible answer for you.
Could be due to a malfunction in the Bluetooth system.
Some devices have an auto-connect Bluetooth system, which turns itself on whenever it detects a Bluetooth device that's in range like your earbuds.
I recommend that you go to your Bluetooth settings and look for the auto-connect option and turn it OFF (either uncheck the checkbox or flip the toggle switch to OFF).
0 Likes