Original topic:

Ui6.1 hide navigation and keyboard buttons.

(Topic created: Thursday)
SammyLuvr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

The 6.1 update has placed the keyboard button (it let's you switch between different keyboards) to the left side where hide the navigation button is. I need both and it was handy to have them placed as they were. Also, when we switch to any keyboard besides Samsung the keyboard button disappears. Can someone enlighten me here.

Hide navigation button on left and keyboard button used to be on the right 

imageKeyboard button enabled puts it on the left of keyboard instead of the right side. And now is on top of the 'hide navigation button'.
10 Replies
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm a bit confused about what you are asking. But I perrty sure is to do with the keyborad.
0 Likes
SammyLuvr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, the keyboard button used to be on the right side. But it now shows up on the left and it stacked up on top of the dot that is used to hide the navigation button. So I can't use the hide navigation button as the keyboard button is on top of it. One picture shows the before on 6.0 and the other picture shows the after on 6.1.
0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you using any keys café customization? For the dot on top of the keyboard.
0 Likes
SammyLuvr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
No, but thank you for reminding me about it. I'll go add that to good luck now.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
If you long press on the microphone button while using the Samsung keboatd, the keboard button will remain when you switch to another. Unfortunaly, where they placed it from the right to the left means that you have to choose the mic placement or the keyboard button. I imagine long pressing it again will bring back the mic when you need it, but it's really less trouble to use G-Board as your default and switch to Samsung if you need it.
0 Likes
SammyLuvr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I use SwiftKey. But need Samsung to insert passwords from SamPass. And Hackers keyboard when I'm writing docs or codes. But the keyboard button disappears once I switch to another keyboard. And only the "hide navigation" button stays. Because they are taking the same space, stacked. In the picture it shows the keyboard button and the dot that hides navigation button. Stacked on top of each other. 20240621_072256_1000074777_1718979778.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm able to insert passwords from Samsung pass on G-Board, so I don't know why you can't on your others. Samsung Pass is user specific, not keyboard soecific. Do either of your other keyboards have the mic in the right place? Use that as your default. Like I said, long press the mic and the keyboard button stays.
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
How did that dot get there?
0 Likes
SammyLuvr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I enabled it in Samsung notes1718981248008.jpg
0 Likes