JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to draw in Gallery photo editing

(Topic created: Friday)
wblupton
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

When editing a photo in Gallery, I used to be able to draw squiggly lines, circles and arrows on the photo. Now when I click the pencil, the smiley face, and Draw, it only draws straight lines.   Does anyone know how to get the actual "draw function" back?

2024-06-21 15.29.31-1.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
wblupton
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I figured it out!! The freestyle drawing tool is now under the wand with the star at the top. Thanks for pointing me to the first pen because that led me to discover the star wand. 😀

View solution in context

6 Replies
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

Is it converting your strokes to straight lines immediately or are you holding still briefly at the end of the stroke? Mine only snaps to straight lines (or pretty circles and squares) if I hold the drawing for a second.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
0 Likes
wblupton
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I figured it out!! I had to switch to the wand with the star at the top to draw circles free-handed. Samsung apparently moved it on a recent upgrade.

0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I think the second pen type is selected (see screenshot) in your photo editor, so you could just select the first one1719000701430.jpg
Solution
wblupton
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I figured it out!! The freestyle drawing tool is now under the wand with the star at the top. Thanks for pointing me to the first pen because that led me to discover the star wand. 😀

wblupton
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I figured it out!! The freestyle drawing tool is now under the wand with the star at the top. Thanks for pointing me to the first pen because that led me to discover the star wand.  😀

0 Likes
Mark7com
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
You can circle with a spen or finger and keep holding it on screen for about 2 seconds, and it will automatically become a perfect circle.
0 Likes