Original topic:

Update messed up phone

(Topic created: 10-27-2023 07:22 PM)
userr6nWt0xlD5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Hi, I am having an issue with my phone and galaxy watch. The latest update has caused my phone to glitch out where I have no service. As well, my watch will not display the screen when I lift it up anymore since the update.

Help please. 
5 Replies
Tphdev
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

mine is . making battery hot too

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
For your phone's service loss, try Settings>General management>Reset>Reset network settings. For the watch, try factory resetting and restoring through the Galaxy Wearable app. The process is pretty fast.
ES22
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have tried rest settings several times doesn't work many customers with samsung 22 and samsung 23 are having this issue I am sure they are aware but when you call for assistance they want to mention an upgrade
0 Likes
AndrewBoles
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
Was the update you installed a beta update?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
IT'S THE UPDATE NOT THE CARRIER The update caused the network modes to change. This can't be fixed within the settings menu.

• Open the Dialer app on your phone.

• Enter the ##4636## code. (also, the codes "##626*" and "##786#" may work for your Android).

• Enter into the Service mode > Tap on the Device information option.

• Scroll down to Set Network Type.

• Pick the Android preferred network type you'd like to use. (NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA)

• Now, tap on the Run Ping test and look for the radio option at the bottom.

• Check whether the radio it is turned on or off. Press the button next to it to turn on the radio.

• You'll be prompted to restart the device > Tap on Reboot. Keep wifi and all other connections off and mobile data on. Make sure you have an APN selected and are registered on the carrier network. The phone will do the rest. Allow up to 1h, but should be fairly quick.
0 Likes