JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is the size of ANDROID 13 update

(Topic created: 10-30-2022 05:47 PM)
EOGO
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, I have a question, for those of us who were in the ONE UI 5 beta test and those who have been lucky enough to receive The stable update, how much does the stable update weigh? Because I received one and it only weighs 360 MB 

is that the stable update?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
William_S22U
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes. That is the size of the stable version from the Beta-to-Stable. It's because it only needs to install a few files to make the Beta become the Stable version.

The actual upgrade size is about 2.8GB from Android 12 to 13 update.

View solution in context

9 Replies
kbrncito
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
It is ok
Those who were waiting for official so bad... had been told many times the only difference was the build number and official status on the device...
kbrncito
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
In other words you are not finding anything new or different from beta 5
EOGO
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for your response, but as they said the update was 3 GB, that's why that's the question. because according to, this is the official version.
kbrncito
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
The update that us 3gb is from Android 12 to Android 13..
Since you were already using Android 13 on beta there's no need ..you are only going from beta to stable official
Solution
William_S22U
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes. That is the size of the stable version from the Beta-to-Stable. It's because it only needs to install a few files to make the Beta become the Stable version.

The actual upgrade size is about 2.8GB from Android 12 to 13 update.
EOGO
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
its what I thought. Thank you very much for your comments friends. God bless you take care.
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
So to decrease the needed amount of "update" data you already have the beta which is the actual operating system before finished. So when the update is finalized instead of installing directly the entire rom it only needs the minimum fixed or altered or deleted features overwritten.

If you never joined the beta then you may see about a few gigs of update available when the final is out.
EOGO
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you very much for your answer, yes I was enrolled in the beta and I just received this update from T-Mobile.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
notice that the stable update was a step back from ZVJA to BVJA