Original topic:

When moving photos from gallery to an album, they aren't deleting off gallery

(Topic created: 07-27-2023 09:44 AM)
userVdh3BSnExS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
They delete from Gallery in my S22 when I move to another album, but not my sister's and she has same phone. She ends up with duplicate photos. If she tries to delete from gallery it also deletes from other album. What setting does she need
14 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue here on my S23 Ultra.
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Are they trying to move pictures from the "camera" album to another album or are they trying to move it from the "recent" album to another album? If it's the "recent", the "recent" is not really an album it's just letting you view the recent pictures. So when you move something out of the "recent" it does not move because it's still in an album. I hope that makes sense.
userVdh3BSnExS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Camera
userVdh3BSnExS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
When you take the picture and then go to your photos, app, the Picture is in the camera folder. I can Hold my finger down on the photo in the album and select to move to another folder And that happens. Hers copies to another folder even when she selects move. And if she tries to delete the original from the camera folder, it also deletes the other from the other folder. So she always ends up with duplicate photos stored on her phone.
Brianna102080
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have an a53 and the same thing is happening. It moves it to the other folder but then I just have duplicates because it stays in the main gallery...?

0 Likes
MTKat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
How long do photos stay in recent? Do they auto delete after a period of time? My Rcent has every photo taken since I bought the phone June 1.
Juliebabe01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I've had this question ever since I started taking pictures for my computer.... Sometime just used the correct wording 😆 THANK YOU BUT STILL QUESTION...
0 Likes
Skyearcherjelly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Having this problem with my new a54.

I restored all my photos and videos to this a54 through smart switch from a backup I had from my old a51. Around 1000 videos and photos had lost their date and time data, but when i try to move them to albums to organise them, they aren't removed from the gallery. So i end up with 1000 random videos and photos from years apart all on the same date and time.

0 Likes
AGTacoma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
How about a answer to the same question to the problem everyone is having about moving pictures without having duplicates !!!