JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Yellowish screen after update one UI 6.0

(Topic created: 12-16-2023 06:03 PM)
A1ex6arcia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Is anyone having the same problem after the last update?

I've tried all sort of changes in the settings including turning off Eye comfort shield, all visibility enhancement under Accessibility, and everything I found online but nothing worked.

Somebody suggested resetting all settings, which I tried but it didn't work. 

The last option that I didn't want to do, but I ended trying was a Factory Reset, and the problem is still there. Nothing works, and it's so annoying.

I know it is not a hardware problem, because the screen looks perfectly fine most part of the day but it is activated automatically around 5:30 PM and stays all night until around 7 AM. It is a software issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LukyKuky
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Solution:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS9/s/RrwuP9YRTz

The issue is android core function "Night light" which is equivalent to Samsungs "Eye comfort shield" with that difference you can't access"Night light" without some tool (or adb command).

You have to download Nova launcher to change it, then you can uninstall it. On the end of OP is very detailed step by step video.

Profit.

View solution in context

21 Replies
RR32
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I am having the same issue. I've looked everywhere to turn this off and haven't been able to find it
A1ex6arcia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Some people say it gets fixed after a factory reset but it didn't work for me
0 Likes
RR32
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I tried the same
0 Likes
whatsername
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
maybe its an app on your phone? i know that certian apps can change settings like that. also have you checked "modes and routines"? cause it might be a glitch w a routine you have made/new update created. i hope this helps
0 Likes
A1ex6arcia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I forgot to mention that, but I have no Routines active at this time to test it. It made no change.
About the app in my phone that may be causing this, it will be hard to know which of my 300+ Apps is causing the problem. In a forum somebody mentioned that is one of the Google apps, I could probably try deleting them but to be honest I depend a lot on them. Maybe I will try tonight deleting some and see what happen.
Right now the screen looks perfect, as it is 8 AM, but I know that later today the problem will come back
whatsername
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
another thing to look into is to check what premissions you have enabled for your apps👍
RR32
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have checked that. All my routines are off.
0 Likes
A1ex6arcia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I've been testing different solutions that people suggest and I'm still having the same problem.

I removed all Google Apps, including YouTube and YouTube Music, and restarted the phone, but it didn't resolve the issue. 

As the problem happens during the afternoon and night, but it's gone during daylight hours, I removed the Weather Apps I have and disabled the Samsung Weather app. Restarted the phone, and the problem is still there.

I've noticed that the display looks much better or normal when TikTok is open. Whites look white, and colors are as crisp as they are supposed to be. When switching to a different app or closing TikTok, the orange/yellowish filter returns. When I use multi-window sharing TikTok with other Apps, the problem comes back.

I'm trying to document here all that I've tested, hoping I get to the nail soon.

Members_c6ifEBA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I found the way to fix it. You gotta download the app Nova Launcher, then go on the widgets →Nova Launcher →Settings→Night Light , after adding this widget just click on it and deactivate it .. omg ..