Original topic:

"Android.process.acore keeps stopping"

(Topic created: 04-14-2024 11:45 AM)
junkyardblues
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I had an Android update today and after my phone (s22) auto restarted afterwards, I keep getting this error pop-up saying "android.process.acore keeps stopping", and now I can no longer make calls or send texts. 

Hoping someone knows a fix.
16 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
What exactly happens when you try to send a text message? Have you tried contacting your carrier to see if your phone is correctly registered on their network and you don't have any type of message block enabled
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you tried a different messaging service? For example, try using the native Samsung messaging app or any other instead of the Google messages app? If that doesn't work, I would say call your carrier because what this other gentleman has had you do already is pretty much everything that clears any issue on your phone's end with regards to sending and receiving texts. It's starting to sound more like a carrier / device provisioning issue or possibly an APN issue since you can receive calls but zero texts.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for the help, Everything that you suggested is exactly what I said, It is possible that Verizon Wireless changed his Iccd or imei number, which is causing the issue with the text messaging issue, Samsung messages may work let see what happens
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah I figured it would be a bit less stressful and time consuming to try a completely different app, with its own RCS standard, something other than Google Jibe. If it fails still, then it's most probably a carrier side issue, which could be anything from simple provisioning to a mismatched ICCID or PUK code depending if he's eSIM or pSIM. I had something strangely similar happen to my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. Overnight while asleep, T-Mobile somehow invalidated my eSIM's PUK code and I woke up to only being able to call but no standalone text or Internet. It took actual weeks for them to diagnose and fix it. Horrible situation to be in, I wish this guy nothing but the best of luck.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
That seems to happen to people lately, especially when you are using an esim
0 Likes
Danilo1981
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
It was working fine this morning when i was on ph with Verizon in regards to my bill, then they sent me a code to allow them to check my account and then, 2nd agent tried to send me a code but i told him i didnt get a message and after that, i couldn't send message to anyone.
It just say "cant send message" a message to such an such person has not been sent.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
It sounds like Verizon Wireless did something to your phone. it's possible that the Verizon agent changed something with your sim card and IMEI number , I recommend you contact them and explain everything ,it doesn't make sense that you can make phone calls, but not send any messages at all, Ask them to verify your sim Iccd number and imei number to make sure everything is registered correctly on Verizons network, you can also check the settings on your phone to verify your sim card is working correctly, Open your Settings and then select About your phone then select Status and then Sim card Status and you should see that you device is registered on Verizons network and Ims registration is turned on 1713233095153.jpg