Original topic:

"Recents" does not show web searches

(Topic created: 04-23-2024 02:19 PM)
Members_EGirDZA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

When I search something from my home screen without going to a browser it brings up a temporary web page. Previously I used to be able to go back to it by using the "recent" button and it would be in the list of apps I had open. However after a recent update I no longer see my browser in the recents menu. If I am in the browser and hit the recents button even back accident it deletes the page I was on.

This is very strange behavior and I would like to know if there is a fix. 

7 Replies
3Fees
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Download firefox mobile app and search the web, no more history problems.

Cheers

3Fees
0 Likes
Members_EGirDZA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have tried chrome and Firefox. Both have this issue. 

0 Likes
3Fees
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
On firefox mobile, hitting the back arrow takes you to the web page you just recently viewed before the the web page your currently on, the webpage is saved at about the middle of the screen under "Jump back in" , thats the way it is, never been anything else.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
Members_EGirDZA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. 

There is a quick websearch bar that you can use to quickly do a search without opening the app first. It has its own functionality outside an app. 

When I press the recents button, the three vertical lines, you see a list of all previously opened applications. 

My problem is that the quick websearch function no longer shows up in the recents, when it used to only a few weeks ago. 

3Fees
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Take screenshot of it and post it.

Cheers
3fees
0 Likes
3Fees
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
If your talking about the google home page search bar my works fine and does not erase the previous page.

Cheers
3Fees

0 Likes
usertUSeYP4HpR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine started doing exactly the same thing recently. Not sure how to fix it. It used to work fine.

I have an S10+. If I open Google and search, that activity is still displayed in the recent apps list (clicking the sideways hamburger icon at the bottom of the screen). However, if I search from the more convenient Google search bar that is on my home screen, that activity is now missing from the recent app. It used to be there, just like all other recent activity. Now I have to remember to specifically open the Google app first. Otherwise I cannot multitask (like to toggle with contacts or something to get info).
0 Likes