Original topic:

"USB Device Not Recognized" issue with multiple phones.

(Topic created: 02-25-2024 03:24 PM)
tiadaid
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra & a Galaxy Z Flip 3, and for some inexplicable reason I am unable to connect either phone to my PC in File Transfer mode, getting the dreaded "USB Device Not Recognized" error. Thing is, the computer could read the phone just fine if I were to use Image Transfer mode instead, but the moment I switched to File Transfer mode, it just doesn't work. And the weird thing is, my Galaxy Tab A7 Lite have no issues whatsoever.

Now I've changed cables, changed ports, uninstall & reinstalled the drivers, nothing changed. So how can I fix this issue, save for a total reformat of my PC?

0 Likes
2 Replies
JayDilla
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you downloaded the smart switch for PC? I think that would help ya.. maybe
0 Likes
StoopKyd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Idk if this will help or if it's even the same issue I experienced years ago, but I had the same notification pop up every time I connected my phone through USB to my car. I was able to fix the issue by adding developer options to the bottom of my phone's settings list, opening it then scrolling down to the "Default USB configuration" setting where I was able to change it to work with my car's system. If that doesn't help the only other thing I can think of is setting up DeX, Link to Windows or Smart Switch. Sorry if I'm no help 🙁
Krystyna Torres
0 Likes