JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Period and question emojis not working when voice texting

(Topic created: 05-02-2024 12:14 PM)
BobInOhio
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Lately when I do voice to text, if I try to insert a question mark (?) or a period (.), instead of the actual emojis being inserted into the text, the words "question mark" and "period" are inserted into the text.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Go to Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard settings > Voice input. Select Google Voice Typing. This should now recognize punctuation.

(Edited to add a screenshot) 1721537239017.jpg

View solution in context

23 Replies
bevky
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Mine isntveither
JayBoonies
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Same here period
See comma question mark
Solution
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Go to Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard settings > Voice input. Select Google Voice Typing. This should now recognize punctuation.

(Edited to add a screenshot) 1721537239017.jpg
BobInOhio
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks, that took care of it.

Arizoner
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

This worked!!!! Thanks for doing the hard work.

Karl3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

If Samsung wants to compete against Apple, you really need to get your software to work ... like this basic function. Your software also resets settings when the phone updates. It had proper punctuation and then updated, and reset to the faulty Samsung keyboard settings. Why would Samsung have faulty settings in its software anyhow?

lala4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same thing happened to me after update and now I can't fix it. Have spent hours trying everything 

juugen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
@Popsicle 20 when I go to Samsung Keyboard settings, I do not see Voice input or Google Voice Typing. So how do I fix this? The question mark and period are spelling out. The comma and exclamation mark work fine.
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
There are a lot of options under Keyboard settings. Voice Input is way down the page near the bottom and can be easy to miss. I hope that my screenshot helps you find it.1721537110317.jpg