JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A couple of days ago, S23 started to vibrate and play sound when I unlock

(Topic created: Friday)
Mao Zedong
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm not sure if an update was associated with this, but a couple of days ago my S23 started to vibrate and play a sound when I unlock it. Putting the phone on vibrate, kills the sound, but even if I put it on silent it still vibrates. Here's a soundcloud link to the sound that plays. It sounds like something disconnecting.

I checked all sound options and tried disabling sound and vibration for all system activities, and none of them stop this behavior. I can only reduce the vibration intensity.

Any idea what's going on?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mao Zedong
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Solved! Somehow I must have tapped the NFC button in the quick access dropdown, and it was trying to read the credit cards in my case. Turning NFC off solved it.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Try this. Go to Settings > Sounds and vibration. Toggle off "Screen lock/unlock"1726279106456.jpg1726279106485.jpg
Mao Zedong
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you, I did try it but unfortunately it has no effect.

I'll also add that I now notice it makes the sound if I leave the screen on for a while.
0 Likes
Solution
Mao Zedong
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Solved! Somehow I must have tapped the NFC button in the quick access dropdown, and it was trying to read the credit cards in my case. Turning NFC off solved it.