Original topic:

APN Settings removed after reboot

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 08:33 AM)
DavidZeb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a Verizon Galaxy S23 Ultra (unlocked) and am currently trying US Mobile.  This requires entering 4 APNs for the esim, which I can do just fine and the service works great.... Until I reboot the phone and all 4 APN entries are gone.

Entering 4 APNs after a reboot is a major hassle, and honestly a safety issue as I will not have any service until at least one of the APNs are entered.

Has anyone found a solution for this?  Is it maybe only a Verizon firmware issue?

4 Replies
Mike2861
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I've been having the same issue since the November update. My wife and I both have s23's and are both on US Mobile. I've given up as they have zero intention of fixing the problem and yes.....I've tried everything. I disputed the charges for the purchase price of both phones through Visa since neither phone can be "used as intended" and Samsung doesn't give a **bleep**.
0 Likes
userBmtbQYXAp8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I just installed a new update and 1 APN now remains after a reboot.  I didn't test everything, but MMS definitely doesn't work until I readd the missing APNs again. 

Data and text SMS seems to work with just the one 

0 Likes
Members_rKlN029
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I too have been having the problem since December, I believe. S21 on US mobile....
So annoying that they are not providing a fix for this. I don't think I will buy Samsung again.

0 Likes
Lizzy_K1369
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same issue since switching from Xfinity mobile to Ting mobile. I have to re-enter all APNS provided by my carrier after restart and they don't stay connected when out running errands. 2 of 3 samsungs have updated in the last 4 days and now we can't even send MMS to anyone even with all APNS configured in settings. Seems odd being as both carriers operate in same method and I never had this issue with Xfinity aside for outrageous plan cost for me.
0 Likes