Original topic:

Always On Display Brightness(2024)

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
SantiagoUSA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
On the actual version of Samsung Galaxy S23 ultra (Android 14 UI 6.1)you could set manual brightness to Always On Display lock screen by :
1.Go to settings app on the actual phone.
2.Click with finger once you find Display setting.
3.Under brightness click with finger to move the slide to the left of adaptive brightness setting.
4.Now you may set up any brightness of lock screen Always on Display by clicking with finger on Extra brightness setting.
11 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah you now need goodlock lockstar to manually adjust the brightness of the AOD in 6.1

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

SantiagoUSA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I use the simple way in group with charging and UI system
0 Likes
BrianAllen69
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks for the tip, Gary. That did the trick.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

Your welcome yeah thats the only way to adjust the brightness now in 6.1

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

BrianAllen69
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
It did on my A54. So I assume that, since the 6.1 update, it works on all models.
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

yeah i have a s22 and a s24 and my parents have has a s23 and fold 5 so that's how they made it now 

WonderWomanJL
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Why did they get rid of the AOD brightness independently from lock screen?
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

The only reason I can think of is the s24's and newer have a diff. type AOD which cant have its brightness adjusted and instead of make 2 diff. versions of 6.1 they just added it to Goodlock  

WonderWomanJL
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Then why not allow S23 running 6.1 to have the "show lock screen background" option on AOD?
One or the other!!!
0 Likes