JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blue floating box with checkmark shows Snapshot and Record

(Topic created: 02-23-2024 08:16 PM)
GalSodbury
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have been changing accessibility settings on my mother's Galaxy phone. There is now a small blue floating box with a black check mark and when I click it it shows options Record, Snapshop, Turn Off, and Collapse. After I click Turn Off, it takes me to accessibility but I can't find anything that has the word Snapahot or Record  or anything else that is remotely similar. I'll try to get a screenshot pasted but trust me there is probably nothing on the web that shows this check mark and because of the common terms that are in the drop-down menu, there are tons of results that have nothing to do with it. And even searching for floating brings up how to disable some other floating toolbar that Samsung Galaxies have. Please help if you know what it is.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey there.

After doing a small bit of research, it appears that you have the Accessibility Scanner app by Google installed and running. I'd suggest either uninstalling the app or turning it off by pressing the checkmark and then selecting the Turn Off option. Then, click installed apps and select Accessibility Scanner and toggle it to off.

I hope that helps!Screenshot_20240223_211954_Google Play Store_1000003015_1708751994.png

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

9 Replies
SloppyBaGg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah that's pretty weird I've never seen anything like that. I would say if it keeps bringing you back to the accessibility then I would just switch everything off and then turn one on at a time and see what happens. Little bit of trial and error. Good luck
GalSodbury
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you. It was Google's Accessibility Scanner. .
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Thats a hard one when you open Accessibility at the top it should say Recommended for you  and say 1-? accessibility functions in use when you click it what does it say 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

GalSodbury
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you. It was Google's Accessibility Scanner.
0 Likes
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey there.

After doing a small bit of research, it appears that you have the Accessibility Scanner app by Google installed and running. I'd suggest either uninstalling the app or turning it off by pressing the checkmark and then selecting the Turn Off option. Then, click installed apps and select Accessibility Scanner and toggle it to off.

I hope that helps!Screenshot_20240223_211954_Google Play Store_1000003015_1708751994.png

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
GalSodbury
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
For the win! I have been fighting this for hours. You even beat out both Lens and Gemini.
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Happy to have helped! If you could, please mark the post with the answer as the solution so that anyone who may have the same question can quickly find an answer.

Have a great night.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

GalSodbury
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Done. You too!
0 Likes
GalSodbury
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Here's a screen clip edited down to just the drop-down open. Will respond again. Gemini couldn't find it. Nor could Lens.20240224_000437_1000000020_1708751077.jpg
0 Likes