Original topic:

Can't uninstall Secure Folder

(Topic created: 04-11-2024 05:44 PM)
JohnYu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Don't feel the need to use it anymore, but for some reason the secure folder won't let me uninstall? Whenever I hit the uninstall button it tells me "If this keeps happening, contact Customer Service". 

Using the current version of the Secure Folder, version 1.9.10.27
16 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Are you trying to uninstall from Settings
Security and Privacy
More security settings
Secure folder
More settings
Uninstall

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

JohnYu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes. I go that exact route. As well as going to the settings of the secure folder itself and doing the same thing. Pressing uninstall gives me the same message, "If this keeps happening, contact Customer Service".
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Open your recent apps and tap the secure folder icon and select app info and clear the cache and data see if that helps

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
JohnYu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Deleting cache as well as deleting data doesn't do anything. The error is still there.
b502
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I am having the same issue
0 Likes
JohnYu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank goodness I'm not alone. A recent update must have broken some stuff.
Lbrown
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Same problem here!
0 Likes
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Why are you so gung-ho about uninstalling it? If you don't use it, don't use it!
0 Likes
JustinSchreurs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
So, if we upgrade to the fold 6 or whatever will a factory reset also scrub the secure folder? Is it a different partition? šŸ¤”
0 Likes