JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Delayed Fingerprint Sensor

(Topic created: 06-29-2023 02:21 PM)
chinesebuddha
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I have a factory unlocked Galaxy S23 ultra. I had an update yesterday. Since doing the update my fingerprint sensor is delayed. It still works but it doesn't show up for a good 6 seconds. Anyone else having this issues?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello everyone, Welcome to the Community (for those that are new) and thank you for making the Community great! We understand the frustrations of the fingerprint sensor not working as expected. 

If the fingerprint sensor is not showing or is delayed, please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Lock screen > turn on the option for Always On Display
  2. Navigate to Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures > turn on the option for Double tap to turn on screen
  3. Navigate to Settings > Notifications > Notification pop-up style > turn on the option for Show even while screen is off
  4. Navigate to Settings > Security and privacy > Biometrics > Fingerprints > turn on the option for Show icon when screen is off

NOTE: This software related device behavior will be resolved with a new software release that will be available starting 08.14.23 (SW Version starting with WG (WGI, WG7, WGH, etc.) or above.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 Replies
Kaptain75329
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes - same problem here. Appears to be a bug introduced with the latest update. (June 2023 security patch)
drapasta
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
This has been one of the worst updates I've ever seen. Everything is a little bit more laggy and I'm having issues with the thumbprint sensor where the icon is sometimes missing even though the feature works. This wasn't an issue before I updated. Please fix this
OldSoldier
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
I haven't had any issues as of yet. Not noticing any appreciable lag at this point. Have you tried clearing your cache?
0 Likes
chinesebuddha
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, did all of that. I even turned on and off the AOD fingerprint mode to see I'd that helps.
Kaptain75329
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
The July software update has been released for the Galaxy S23 Ultra in the USA. Fingers crossed this bug is fixed. 🤞
chinesebuddha
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
No such luck on my end 😞
0 Likes
freddiej1992
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Fingerprint icon on lock screen is gone after latest software update for s23 ultra any fixes??
TheGalaxy
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Reboot
0 Likes
freddiej1992
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Tried that
0 Likes