JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Echoing while on call

(Topic created: 11-10-2023 08:39 PM)
Mia13
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Is anyone else s23 ultra echoing when on the phone? I can hear myself echo/ feedback when I'm on the speaker phone with someone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
When you tested your phone with the other person on their phone in the room with you. We're you both using Speakerphone? Also are you using a Cell Phone case, and is the other person using a Cell Phone Case too?

The water resistant cases like Otterbox or other "Highly Water Resistant" cases can cause a sound resonance inside the case itself. Sound being fed from the speaker being fed into the microphone. Causing the echo-effect! (Sound Resonance)

View solution in context

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
@Mia13 There can be multiple reasons for you to be encountering the symptom you mention.

1. Is the other party your talking to using their phone in speakerphone mode too?
2. While you are using Speakerphone Mode. Is the Sound Level? (Volume at Max)
3. Did this start after you updated your phone?
Mia13
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
They had the speaker phone on as well. I just got this phone yesterday and it did have an update! I tried it at max volume and it still did it 😞
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
What you are hearing is called a Sound Feedback Loop Delay. Your hearing your voice through their Speakerphone being relayed back to you. Although we would think that our phone calls are instantaneous. They do have a slight delay. Not percievable usually. But, when both people parties are using Speakerphone. This happpens. (Especially when both Caller's are on Different Carrier Networks)

You can try it for yourself. Have two phones in the same room. Talk on one phone in close proximity of the other phone. Really close by. You will see that it happens. (Especially when the two phones are on Different Carrier Networks)

I hope that I have answered your question. I assure you that it's not your phone or their phone. If I have answered your question. Please accept my solution as "Accepted Solution" Thank you for using the Samsung Member's App!

Of course if you have any other questions. Please feel free to post again. Thank you!
Mia13
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I called someone in the same room as me, and it didn't happen at all. I also called someone on snapchat and I could hear the feedback here and there. Thank you for your input!:)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
Are they on the same Carrier Network as you are?
Mia13
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes!
0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
When you tested your phone with the other person on their phone in the room with you. We're you both using Speakerphone? Also are you using a Cell Phone case, and is the other person using a Cell Phone Case too?

The water resistant cases like Otterbox or other "Highly Water Resistant" cases can cause a sound resonance inside the case itself. Sound being fed from the speaker being fed into the microphone. Causing the echo-effect! (Sound Resonance)
Mia13
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
We both had speaker on and I tried going in a different room and it still didn't do it with me. But that person has the same carrier as me. I do have a case, I bought it at the store where I got the phone from! I'm not sure what the brand is but it is a pretty chunky case.
0 Likes
Mia13
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
The person on the snapchat has a different carrier. The person I called in the same room does have the same carrier