Original topic:

notification for syncing emails... won't go away

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting either late last night or this morning there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  I think this was caused by some update in the past few days but not sure how to go back to prior.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

Any pros know if there is a fix in the works?  Thanks.

183 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Huh?
0 Likes
userwsmw77w2Y9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Email has been syncing for 2 days. If I turn it off email won't work. Anyone else with this issue?
Thatsall
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine too! Does anyone know a fix for this?
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

yeah that notification started after the email app updated a few days ago.  You can toggle off that notification which is what I did Open your email app select the 3 lines - tap the gear - tap notifications - select Notification Categories - scroll to the bottom and toggle off Email sync notifications 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

userwsmw77w2Y9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It'll still be running in the background though correct? Wasting battery
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24

Yeah it will still be syncing in the background I toggled it off a few days ago and just toggled it back on to see if the sync notification was still there and its not so I think it was just a bug that appeared I have my email sync schedule set to auto so its scanning all the time for new emails 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

userwsmw77w2Y9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks!
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24

Your welcome I haven't noticed any battery loss with it. 

0 Likes
user4192490
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Good morning. I am having the same issue but my email app doesn't have categories listed under notifications. I assume we are talking about the Samsung email app. S24 Ultra. Thank you

0 Likes
user4192490
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Astronauts fix worked.  Turn off notifications,  wait a few seconds,  turn back on.  Thanks