JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

notification for syncing emails... won't go away

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting either late last night or this morning there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  I think this was caused by some update in the past few days but not sure how to go back to prior.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

Any pros know if there is a fix in the works?  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello everyone, Thank you for being part of the Community and for posting your concerns here. We understand how frustrating it is for the email sync to continuously appear.

The notification can be disabled using the following steps:

① Phone Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Enable(turn On) ‘Manage notification categories for each app’ 

② Open the Email app(from home or apps screen) > Menu(≡) on the top left > Settings(gear icon) on the top right > Notifications > Notification categories > disable(turn Off) ‘Email sync notifications’

If these steps do not help, please submit an error report using the Members app to provide the data logs to Samsung developers. 

1. Touch and hold Samsung Members icon  on Apps screen and Tap Error reports
  2. Tap OK on agreement popup for sending system log data
  3. 3. Select Symptom category
  4. Describe problem in detail and SEND.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

183 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
which email app are you using?
0 Likes
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

The app that was installed in the phone, red box with white envelop Email. Guess it's Samsung?

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
what you're seeing seems quite annoying. I know you cleared cache. if the problem is persisting, it's simple enough to uninstall the app and reinstall it...fresh start, of sorts.
0 Likes
Ryancarlson123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Reinstall did not work for me.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
oddly, I woke up this morning to the situation you're describing. "Syncing emails" notification. I noticed that my Samsung Email app updated overnight. I submitted an error report through the Members app, swiped away the notification, and it hasn't returned. 🤷🏻
Ryancarlson123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Interesting you mentioned swiping away the notification removed it and it hasn't been back. I always use the Clear option which did not get rid of the notification. The swipe (which I didn't know about previously) seems to have worked. Curious if the process is still causing issues in the background but at least the notification is gone! Thanks for that!
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
correct, it didn't go away with "clear." the whole thing's odd. I already got a reply from Samsung acknowledging the issue. we'll see.
Ryancarlson123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, they responded to me quickly too. Fingers crossed.
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
How do you "swipe it away" ?? I have tried the "Clear" several times & nothing happens, even when I click on the notification itself absolutely nothing happens & it doesn't even say anything else, just the exact same Email Syncing ??
0 Likes