Original topic:

FAKE screen on REAL Galaxy S23 Ultra ??!!

(Topic created: 03-13-2024 10:33 AM)
MilosN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, 

​Last night I received brand new (supposedly) S23 Ultra 512GB from eBay seller with100% rating and excellent return policy. 

Everything works fine and all the security UI updates were completed successfully, but the screen seemed low quality in the low brightness in the evening. 

Then I noticed that display corners are ROUNDED !!!  Rounded as in Samsung A55 or A34 model but installed in sharp cornered frame of S23 Ultra! 

I checked the IMEI and the serial number, as well as the CPU, GPU info with two different apps ( Aida64 and DevCheck) and they report all correct model numbers to my knowledge. 

Also, all the performance (other then the screen) seem perfect! 

Rear cameras are also amazing, including 10x telephoto, as well as low light performance. Speakers also sound much better than my Fold 3 and S10+

So whats up? Someone found the compatible cheap display and installed it on perfectly good S23 Ultra?

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated? 

IMG-20240314-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240314-WA0001.jpgScreen Shot 2024-03-13 at 1.28.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 1.28.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-03-13 at 1.28.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-03-13 at 1.28.47 PM.png

12 Replies
Mr-C
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I'd recommend returning it if possible. If you can't, leave a review of the purchaser and get the screen replaced. My condolences. These types of things can be sketchy.
MilosN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks, I never read of case like this yet. Checked all Youtube and different web pages but no one reported such problem. I will never pay this money again without opening the box in the store and inspecting the phone myself (hardware and software) before taking it home. It's crazy how scam artists got creative in order to extra money. 

The boox looks perfect and was sealed. If one is not an expert on this phone it would not catch it with just software tests and EMIE & sn, or even hardware check. 

Mr-C
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
If it"s a store, get your money back and buy an S24 ultra. It may cost more, but in the long run, you'll get what you paid for without the shenanigans and tomfoolery. Please let us know how it turns out.
0 Likes
MilosN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

By the way, if anyone knows if the Samsung 837 store repair center in Manhattan NYC still works (not closed for good) let me know here. I'd like to bring it there but not waste my trip/time. Noone ever answers the phone, but google says its open till 8pm every day

Thanks. 

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@MilosN You should return it immediately and notify eBay that you were sold an imitation device. 

AliWright
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Exactly!! You have your rights on eBay! Seller will HAVE TO REFUND YOU!
You need to contact ebay!
0 Likes
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Wow! That's unbelievable, great eye-catching that, it's very noticeable after your explanation.
Good luck returning. Do you like the s23 ultra, which is what I have. ? I tried the s24 ultra, and it wasn't much of an upgrade from the s23 Ultra, so I sent it back.
You should try going right on Samsung and purchasing it through them or they also have refurbished s23 Alters possibly right there on line that you would definitely be receiving what you're paying for.
MilosN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes, I will return it. Seller offered return shipping already if I start the return/refund process. 

I like it. Its big, but cameras are main reason I need it. Vacations are comming and my S10 are not as good as new stuff. Time to upgrade for security reasons too. I considered S24Ultra, but its waay too expensive for not enough more, so S23 Ultra seems a better choice for me. 

Thanks for reading guys, I wander how many almost not fakes are out there now. 

0 Likes
Mr-C
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Check Best Buy ASAP. S23 & s22 ultras