Original topic:

//UDATE 2: FAUX OEM SCREEN // Proximity & Touch Screen FAILURE 6.1

(Topic created: 04-04-2024 06:48 AM)
Philobat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
04/10/24
I just got my phone back with the ACTUAL oem screen replacement and my phone works normally. So glad, but I'll never forget how annoying this was

04/05/24
UPON RETURNING TO THE (SAMSUNG AFFILIATED) VENDOR WHO REPLACED MY SCREEN, THE MANAGER COORDINATED WITH HIS FOLKS & LEARNED THEIR *GENUINE* OEM SCREENS WEREN'T ACTUALLY OEM. 
THUS A GENUINE OEM PART IS BEING SHIPPED AND I'M (HOPEFULLY) GETTING A FIXED PHONE IN 4 DAYS. NO COST TO ME.
 IF THIS ISSUE IS AFFECTING YOU, REACH OUT TO YOUR VENDORS!

I am trying to figure out how/when I will be
able to use my touch again after updating my phone. I found a link to re-flash to a previous version, but for now it is too risky for me to consider.
I used a certified samsung vendor to fix a broken screen, and I am fairly sure it was a current part. The replaced screen is under
warranty still, so I can take it up with them, but it is obviously stemming from the update. 
FYI, This was challenging to write w/ S-pen

22 Replies
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you for sharing this information. I am not currently experiencing any issues, but it was an interesting read nonetheless.

I have noticed that some of the posts I've been reading about this issue have one thing in common: many of the users who are experiencing the issue have recently had their screens fixed. I thought it would be helpful to point this out in case it is relevant to the problem.

I hope this problem is resolved soon, as I can imagine how frustrating it must be for those affected. Have a great day.
Philobat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
screen Replace is def a main symptom by my observation. What is concerning is I replaced The screen through a vendor that samsung suggested. I'm worried that a cracked screen' = phone death. Also, I barely dropped my phone when it got DamagedšŸ˜­
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I am sorry to hear that. I have been using the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector for six years, and it has protected my phone very well. There was only one instance when my phone was dropped face down on rocks while hiking, and the screen protector broke, but my screen was unharmed. I have had to replace the protector many, many, many times lol, but my screen has only been damaged once. You may want to consider this product when your current issue is resolved.
0 Likes
Philobat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I was simply waiting for a replacement screen to be shipped.
why are you throwing shade and shaming me? clearly the update caused this issue
0 Likes
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Excuse me! From my very first reply to your post, I have had compassion for your situation.
Perhaps you should reread my reply!
I never asked you if you had a screen protector on your device.
I did not assume you did or did not.
I was simply trying to be kind by offering you information on a product that has treated me well. Within that post, I also, with a protector, broke my screen.
I was not shaming you nor throwing shade, whatever that means!!
Philobat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks for the linK, but this didn't solve my issue
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Ugh, sorry to hear that. I was hoping it would help. I don't have 6.1 yet but I thought I would share that when I saw it
Philobat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm glad you shared. Going to forward it to reddit in case it helps others