Original topic:

Feature Request: Bring Back Contact Profile Pictures in Brief Pop-Up Notifications

(Topic created: 11 hours ago)
Odshan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I recently upgraded from a Galaxy S10 to a Galaxy S23 and have been pleased with the improvements overall. However, there's one change in the notification system that I find inconvenient.

On my Galaxy S10, when I used the Brief notification pop-up style, incoming messages from apps like WhatsApp displayed the profile picture of the sender in the brief pop-up at the top of the screen, along with a subtle Edge lighting effect. This was extremely helpful in quickly identifying who was messaging me without needing to read the name.

On my Galaxy S23, with the same Brief pop-up style selected, I now only see the app logo (e.g., the WhatsApp icon) instead of the contact's profile picture. If I switch to the Detailed notification style, the profile picture does appear, but that option feels too intrusive for my needs.

I strongly prefer the Brief notification style for its clean, less disruptive interface, but I miss the ability to quickly recognize the sender through their profile picture. I believe that having the profile picture in Brief pop-ups is more intuitive and user-friendly, especially since the feature already exists in the Detailed style and was available on older models like the S10.

Would it be possible to reintroduce the option to display contact profile pictures in the Brief notification pop-ups on the Galaxy S23? Perhaps a toggle setting could be added, allowing users to decide whether they want to see the profile picture or not. This way, those who prefer the clean interface can keep it, while others like me can benefit from the additional information.

I understand that this isn't a high-priority issue, but it would greatly enhance the usability of Brief notifications for those of us who rely on visual cues for quick identification.

Thank you for considering this feedback, and I appreciate your continued efforts in improving the Galaxy experience.

0 Replies