Original topic:

GALAXY Software updates

(Topic created: a month ago)
Mark_Smolkowicz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Why aren't users given the option to be notified of GALAXY S23 Software updates rather than forcing us to manually check for them? Seems like that is something that should be easy enough to accomplish?
0 Likes
8 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't know about you, but when an update is ready for my phone, there's a notification telling me it's ready and I can either download and install it then or defer it for a more convenient time. I don't manually look for updates, forced or otherwise. The only reason you feel forced to manually look for it would be because you don't think it's getting to you fast enough.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
They aren't the only ones, I don't get notifications either, Galaxy or Play Store, I check mine once a week and normally have loads of updates
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't generally look for updates. I figure I'll get notified when there is one. If I don't get a notification, then I don't update, especially if I'm not having any issues I'm looking for an update to fix or I'm hearing the update has features I'm not particularly keen to get. I understand most people look forward to and want every update as soon as it's announced, and that's fine.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I do it out of habit
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Not sure about forced checking or manual but when a update is available date varies you get a notification saying a update is available can get than or at a later time after
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Automatic installs can't be turned off for devices sold in the markets of South Korea and North America, though.Screenshot_20240916_094003_Software update_1000191656_1726504804.png
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
They are not looking to turn them off, they are looking to get them.
0 Likes
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Update notifications always popup on my screen, or remain in the status bar. A screen like this always appears and prompts me to update. 

1000048228.jpg

ā€ƒ

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
0 Likes