JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Chrome no longer works on the Galaxy S23 series, Android 13, One UI 5.1

(Topic created: 10-13-2023 06:23 AM)
themaestro023
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I am a beta tester for Chrome but had both versions on my Galaxy S23+ in case one decided not to work. Samsung pushed through the One UI 5.1 update last month (Sept 2023) and the chrome beta stopped working, (it would open briefly then turn to black screen.)  No bother, I still had the original chrome to use. But, the beta update was pushed through a couple of days ago and now both Chromes do not work. I don't think it is a Google fault, it is something to do with Samsung's update and I think only on the S23 series. Chrome works fine on my tablet, pc and gfs Samsung phone.

I've lost all my bookmarks and saved websites for my phone and I've had to install Firefox just to be able to access the internet. (Not even going to think about Samsung Internet.)

My watch 5 has issues too since this One UI update, forced backups to smart switch everyday but no way to restore and even if you could restore, it has already overwritten my best saved data. Watch faces change by themselves, my original has been lost forever because it is not in the Galaxy store or on Google Play. (Or in the wearables app). Galaxy Wearables app is next to useless now, but mainly not being able to backup what I want to back up and NO WAY TO RESTORE!

Are Samsung aware of these problems or even doing anything about it? Why don't they test their updates before release?

Not buying Samsung phones or watches ever again after this foobar and I've been a staunch customer since the Galaxy S4.

John Bunyan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello themaestro023, Welcome to the Community. We understand how frustrating it is when you are unable to use your preferred browser. 

We do have a troubleshooting link that may help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001496/

If these steps do not help, we recommend reaching out to Google for additional assistance, as they are responsible for ensuring their apps are compatible.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello themaestro023, Welcome to the Community. We understand how frustrating it is when you are unable to use your preferred browser. 

We do have a troubleshooting link that may help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001496/

If these steps do not help, we recommend reaching out to Google for additional assistance, as they are responsible for ensuring their apps are compatible.

0 Likes