Google search bar microphone / Voice Typing Not Working

(Topic created: 08-24-2024 12:34 AM)
Maia_Galaxy98698
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Google search bar microphone/Voice to text not responding

I have the google search bar on my galaxy s23+ 
 I have the microphone permissions for Google enabled, wiped the cache partition, restarted my phone multiple times
but when I touch the microphone icon on the google search bar or in my keyboard to say something the microphone it STILL wont respond when I tap it. I am only able to type it out on the search bar but nothing happens when I speak (voice to text) although I have no issues with the microphone when I'm taking a call. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO šŸ˜«
11 Replies
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23

You can try using other Keyboard Apps like Gboard or Swiftkey. Both better than the Samsung.

Maia_Galaxy98698
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Unfortunately I tried that too and I tried resetting the keyboard settings as well but seems like regardless what keyboard I use it won't let me use the microphone...
0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Where are you pressing the search bar at within what app or widget?additional privacy controls allow apps to use microphone if they have the appropriate permissions is a new setting I saw maybe try that?
Maia_Galaxy98698
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I used the google search bar widget and I just clicked on the microphone icon or if I'm texting I click on the microphone icon at the bottom left corner of my keyboard but nothing works..I'm able to use Google search with the microphone on my Samsung tablet but after the new phone software my phone hasn't let me use it20240824_032816_1000029546_1724488097.jpg
0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Did you clear the cache, maybe restart the stack, and does Chrome widget voice work you could test? That's a really pretty theme.
Maia_Galaxy98698
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Unfortunately I just tried the chrome voice thing and it didn't pick up anything. How do you restart the stack --what is that? thanks
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
It's simple but i can't change my Google bar theme, Google may be having issues. It works for me but every result is geared towards shopping. Hope it works for your phone. 1724524263299.jpg
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Did you recently reboot? I saw this in the settings for offline language in Google voice typing area in settings.i guess your keyboard microphone works but not the browsers. I really don't know. Will Bixby respond or Gemini? 1724531269404.jpg
Maia_Galaxy98698
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah I got that message too when my phone updated but didn't know what I meant or if I had to do something else because I restarted my phone and nothing happened
0 Likes