Original topic:

I reset my phone and my phone is still stuck on beta

(Topic created: 08-27-2024 10:51 AM)
iscfrek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I made a post a while back and Today I tried to reset my phone I backed everything up And now I try to update my phone but it still says the last update was in October of last dear and every time I still boot up my phone.It shows that the device is under a beta. And when I try to update the phone it tells me The phone is up to date There's a couple of other things but I really wish this was fixed.I might have to just install an update Directly from a different website.
5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

It's possible that if you backed up everything, you also backed up the Beta version of the OS and restoring it only brought back the Beta.  You should try again using smart switch and choosing to only backup your settings, apps, data (basically everything except the OS) and then restoring that backup.

iscfrek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
No, so I forgot my Samsung account from before I did the reset so I had to log in from another account and then I could backup. And the backup only gave me my data.So I think that whatever the software update is on.It's not going to reset to the old.
U I
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@iscfrek You will need to reach out to one of the Beta moderators, like @USBetaModerator , directly and ask them to remove your phone from the Beta records. They will most likely ask for your IMEI. That is why you need to message them directly. 

0 Likes
iscfrek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Do I do that within this app?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@iscfrek Yes you can.

1. Open the Samsung Members app
  2. Click Community at the bottom middle
  3. Click your avatar at the top of the screen
  4. Click the Direct message button
  5. Click the pencil icon in lower right to create a message. 
0 Likes