Original topic:

Link Sharing Gone?

(Topic created: 11-21-2023 07:12 PM)
Ethan222
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
What happened to being able to select photos, videos and files, uploading them and sharing the link to someone to view or download? Now the app only let's you share to a contact. What if I want to share to someone on snapchat or who has an iPhone. This was useful for say a video that's large in size, I can share to anyone, and not use my Google storage and then it deletes the next day or so.
6 Replies
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Good evening @Ethan222,

I hope you're doing well. "Link sharning" has been rebranded to "Quick Share"

It can still be accessed by Swiping down your notification shade to get to your quick toggles

Yoy can also find this setting in your settings menu> then tap "connected devices" > "Quick Share"

I hope this helps.
Ethan222
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
This doesn't solve the issue? Can I not share to anyone without a samsung device anymore?
0 Likes
Ethan222
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
OK, so I found the work around. If you select share as a QR Code, you can copy the link from there and share as normal. (How it used to work)
Zippo81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks for this! Was having problems quick sharing files directly to contacts.
0 Likes
Ashleykins
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Like the original poster, i am also trying to find how to share a high quality video from my Galaxy 23.  Formerly, on my Galaxy S9, I would simply create a link and send the link to someone and they could download.

I tried to find the "share as a QR code" to try that out, but do not see that as an option.  Where can I find that?  Thx.

0 Likes
Ethan222
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Select the items you want to share, select share> quick share> under share to devices nearby there's an option to share as QR, or it'll have a pic of a qr code. Select that and copy the link.
0 Likes