JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not getting One UI updates on my S23 US version but currently using Indian SIM in India

(Topic created: 02-20-2024 05:55 AM)
Dixant Tiwari
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi,

I have a galaxy s23 US version model- SM-S911U currently I'm in Indian and using and India sim and the last update on my device is of 1st march 2023 post that I haven't got any updates no one ui updates nothing could anyone help me with this why I'm not getting updates in my phone.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Dixant Tiwari  More than likely the carrier providing the Indian SIM is only providing updates for Samsung India products. Therefore software update can't find a match on their update servers for your US device. 

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Dixant Tiwari  More than likely the carrier providing the Indian SIM is only providing updates for Samsung India products. Therefore software update can't find a match on their update servers for your US device. 

Dixant Tiwari
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

@LongHiker what should I do to get updates any suggestions as service centre in India denied to provide any service as device don't fall for Asian version and is out of warranty for them.

0 Likes
MK8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

@LongHiker Ejecting SIM and update with WIFI will work?

@Dixant Tiwari  I am facing same problem. Have you tried update ejecting SIM/eSim?

0 Likes
Dixant Tiwari
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

@LongHiker @MK8 no haven't tried ejecting sim I fromated my phone and did it through odin but for further updates I need to do this again and again. And regarding esim there are no options for India sim card all US providers. Don't know how things will work.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@MK8 @Dixant Tiwari  Ejecting the SIM won't solve the issue. You would need a SIM card for the US carrier that the device was made for. The SIM wouldn't even need to be working. But putting that US carrier SIM in the phone (at least temporarily) would configure the phone to use that US carrier's update servers and find the update. I have absolutely no idea if this would work while you are outside the US. 

0 Likes
Rishabh shah
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Will i get update using this method ??

0 Likes