Notifications Not Working Anymore

(Topic created: 04-07-2023 12:10 AM)
Art10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 

Software: One UI 5.1 Android 13

Got the phone about a month or so ago. Everything was working great unitl I think 2 updates ago. All of the sudden most notifications do not work. Apps, like Outlook or Snapchat do not check for new messages until opened. Other apps, like Wyze Simplisafe, don't push notifications anymore.

Yes, all permissions, notifications, battery settings to unrestricted etc are set. As I said all of them worked and just recently stopped. 

Here's the kicker. Every couple hours, all of the sudden ALL OF THE MISSED NOTIFICATIONS SHOW UP, lol. Even if the messages were already read and checked. 

Hey Ámbar. 

I have checked all the settings under notifications, and under Apps for notifications and battery, added the apps to never sleep and be unrestricted. I have uninstalled the apps and reinstalled them. I have installed the newest software update as well. After rebooting the phone bunch of notifications showed up. Instagram and text messages and Viber work fine but Snapchat, Wyze, Simplisafe just don't. Even after reinstall. But randomly all Notifications will show up hours later. Happened twice within the last 18 hours. Just interesting that everything worked fine when I got the phone and set it up and without any changes made by me, this started happening.

I'm wondering if you guys have heard of anything going on and if it could be related to an update. 

Thank you,

Art

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Art10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Problem solved. Well, narrowed down.to VPN. Talked to the VPN people and turns out they are aware and are working on a solution. For me changing the server worked. 3 other servers I usually use cause the issue.

View solution in context

9 Replies
Leviathon713
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Try clearing your cache partition.
To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart.
Art10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I've done that as well. I see i missed it in my original post
Art10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Ok, update.

I have uninstalled the apps giving me issues (again), restarted the phone, reinstalled them and..... they're working as expected so far. It's been couple of hours but so far so good.

The only difference this time was the phone restart after uninstalling the apps and before installing them again.
Art10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Another update.

Nothing changed and Snapcha, Simplisafe and Wyze are back to the same behavior, back to not updating/refreshing messages, hence no Notifications again.
Art10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
What a shame. O doubt it has anything to do with the apps, rather it's Samsung. These 3 apps, for me just these 3, same issues. Even after clearing cache and reinstalling. Works for a moment and stops.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
Solution
Art10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Problem solved. Well, narrowed down.to VPN. Talked to the VPN people and turns out they are aware and are working on a solution. For me changing the server worked. 3 other servers I usually use cause the issue.
Sarge2
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
May I ask who you have for your VPN as I am having the same issues and followed all of the steps listed below.
usercqRYT9k7Bc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the same issue with fb messenger yet I don't even use any VPN or even any apps that "act as a VPN" for example dns-based adblockers like dns66 or anything similar.

I still don't get any notifications for days, and only notice new messages when I open the app. The issue has persisted for a few months now. I'm never buying a Samsung phone ever again.

Art10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
ExpressVPN. I got one location working for several hours and it stopped now too. Checking another server. Provided them with my testing results. Hopefully they resolve it soon
0 Likes