Original topic:

Numerous customers calling because their voice to text icon is missing

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Scallywag
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello,

This past few weeks I've been getting a lot of calls from customers who all have Samsung phones. According to them they are missing a voice to text icon.

From what I can tell it's been moved to a bizarre location: the bottom left corner on the navigation panel. I've spent hours with a few of them looking for solutions, but the best I can do is turn it off completely or switch keyboards.

I just want to know what I can do for the half of them? They did not want to switch keyboards and are still unhappy with the improper and simply idiotic placement of the voice to text button. What can we do to get this button back in the proper/expected location?

12 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Gboard is the only option
Scallywag
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Is this company this bad now? They just fold their arms and pout instead of actually trying to keep their customers?

0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Same say yes, I am fine with them and I used gboard anyways
0 Likes
Scallywag
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Lol welp, other brands exist luckily. I'll introduce these customers to alternative phone lineups. Thanks I think.

0 Likes
brags
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
The 6.1 voice to text option for texting remains a mystery. I've figured out how to get the keyboard on the navi bar but that simply gives me a shortcut to settings; circular actions between settings to text app shows no intuitive icon for voice to text keyboard or other options, effectively cutting this feature completely out of use.
GEMSTONE84
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
I know that this isn't a perfect solution, but the voice to text feature can be added to the spacebar.

Go to Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard settings > Swipe, touch, and feedback > Touch and hold spacebar.  Change the setting to Voice Input.  Now the user can activate voice input by pressing and holding the spacebar.
0 Likes
edukessen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Doesn't work, they force us to toggle "keyboard button on navigation bar" which shifts the keyboard up a few millimeters and makes the whole bottom row empty but the voice input icon on the left corner. Absolutely stupid design. WHY they needed to mess with this and offer no option to switch back and force this only option to use voice I out is beyond me. I hate g board and want to keep samsung keyboard, but now I can't use voice input at all because I refuse to shift my keyboard up .5 mm to get a single button on the left corner. Muscle memory for typing is more important. I want my keyboard pinned to the very bottom of my screen
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't know if you'll like this option any better, but you can add that function to the spacebar.

Go to Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard settings > Swipe, touch, and feedback > Touch and hold spacebar.  Change the setting to Voice Input.  Now you can activate voice input by pressing and holding the spacebar.
0 Likes