JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

OneUI 6.1 - bug when expanding notification shade via gesture

(Topic created: 04-11-2024 07:03 AM)
camaro322hp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Ever since updating to 6.1, when I expand the notification shade via gesture (such as swipe down anywhere on home screen), the notifications are non-interactive on the first tap. I have to tap twice to interact with them. If I want to swipe down to expand an individual notification, the first swipe expands the quick settings panel, then if I swipe up/down again, it expands the individual notification.

Confirmed the same behavior with both OneUI Home and Nova Launcher. Also confirmed that the bug does not occur when initiating the swipe down from the top of the screen (i.e. - not using gestures).

(base S23)

EDIT: fixed in the 11 April update, thank you Samsung for resolving quickly. 

5 Replies
gotwillk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same issue here with my S23 Ultra after receiving the 6.1 update.

Pulling down the notification shade the first time makes everything in that shade to be non responsive. The only action I can do is pull it down a 2nd time to get to the full panel. If I do this and then go back to the first shade, I can now start to interact with my notifications. If I exit out of the shade completely, I will have to repeat these steps.

Another way to interact with the notifications is if I do a single tap on anything in the first pull down shade. This seems to "wake up" the GUI and now I can interact with notifications but this essentially means I have to double tap everything.

Another thing I found is if I pulled down the notification shade, and I used the Home button or action to get out of the shade, I'm able to interact with the shade the next time I pull it down again. However, if I swiped up to close the shade instead, the shade will be non responsive the next time. So I basically always have to remember to use Home button to close the shade.

I also use One Hand Operation+ to use gestures to pull down shade. However, I've already disabled this and the issue still occurs. In fact, I've disabled all my GoodLock modules and it still occurs.

This is a VERY annoying bug that needs to be resolved ASAP.

mrdusan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

This bug is also present on the lock screen. 

It prevents swiping to unlock or taping on the FP reader for the first time. 

Also, if music player is active, every few times when i try to change a song on the lock screen, it opens the notification panel instead.

Also, when swiping on the notification icons, first you get a regular full view of the notification, and on another attempt it just skips to the full toggle view. 

Factory reset doesn't help also. 

I made a post with a video attached Here 

MiguelRibeiro92
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Same for me, hope it gets fixed quickly, its very annoying

Solution
gotwillk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Looks like issue is resolved after the April update!

TheWebMachine
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Still not resolved in April update on the Z Fold 5. šŸ˜‘ This bug is super f-ing annoying.