Original topic:

Phone will not accept password to unlock and can't shut phone off because it needs a password. I'm stuck with no phone.

(Topic created: yesterday)
jvolgarino
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

As noted, I can't shut off my phone in order to do a factory reset because the phone is asking for a password which it won't accept. 

2 Replies
TechLover20
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
If you are sure that the password is correct then best to take it into samsung service because they have a program to either unlock it for you so u can change it or if u want they can help reset everything but you will also lose what ever you have
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

You can force reset your phone by pressing and holding the power button and volume up key (even w/o password) and holding until the phone reboots.  Keep holding the buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen and let go.  You will be in recovery mode where you can factory reset the phone.  Use the vol up/down buttons to navigate and the side key to select.  Select factory reset - this will reset the phone and you can log into your Google & Samsung accounts and restore your backup.  You will then be able to set a new password/pin (I would suggest both, so there is an alternate method of entry).